Since having a child with Autism (yes with a capital A) Mike and I have learned to NEVER go without certain things. So I decided to make a list of the things that are super important for us to always have.
1. Potatoes! We always have to have potato chips and french fries/tator tots.
2. Cars! The Monster loves his little cars/toy trucks. He can’t go without them. If we go out to eat, we always have some type of little car with us. The Monster also likes cars in general, anything to with them. One of his favorite movies is ‘Fast Five’ Yep, the Monster loves cars.
3. Computer! The Monster has a Motorolla Xoom (similiar to an IPad) but we don’t use too often to watch things on. So my laptop sometimes works as a mini TV when Mike and I are busy watching a movie and the Monster gets cranky.
4. Portable DVD Player! We keep it in the car. We don’t always turn it on, but since the closest mall to us is like 45 minutes away. Then we usually turn it on to keep him occupied.
5. DVR! The Monster loves cartoons and loves TV in general. And instead of buying a sh!t ton of dvds we just record his favorite cartoons on the DVR. It is easier for us and not a waste of money. Plus! For Mike and I we don’t always get to watch our TV shows when the air. So it comes in handy in both ways! I don’t know how I could ever live without one!
6. Blankets! The Monster has like 5 blankets in his bed. It is INSANE! but he loves them. We take a blanket with us when we go out. He likes to chew on them too.
7. Sippy Cups! The Monster has been broke off a bottle since 10 months old! Which is awesome, but the Monster doesn’t drink out of cups yet. He is still on a sippy cup. We are slowly letting him drink out of bottles/cups. But he is attached to his sippy, which is fine. He is only 2, but I would like him to not be so attached.
8. Piano! We have a piano in our living room. I use to play a little bit back in the day (yes, I am 24 and I just used back in the day) anyways! We have a piano in the living room and the Monster loves it. He is getting pretty good at it too! So he fell in love with music because of a piano. Never know we might have a little Mozart on our hands! 🙂
Those are somethings I don’t know what we would do without. They make the Monster happy and also make us happy! 🙂 What are some of the things you can’t live without in your household?